Friday, July 2, 2010

New collection of thoughts in the form of a poem...

I forgot my story

In the sight of you
there was a space in time where I forgot myself;
all the stories of who I am, what I want/need/like/believe,
all conception of class, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual preferences, political affiliation
all fears and hopes, fantasy and fact,
fell away instantaneously in that moment.
Without identity, the only thing left breathing was an agonizing love,
a cellular wailing
that fully recognized the tears of my brothers and sisters as my own.
In the face of famine our spirit starves,
in genocide dies,
in homelessness is without refuge,
in exploitation is raped and beaten,
in poverty is without resource,
in prejudice is hated and unwanted.
In the sight of your face, in that moment,
all truth was made known and I rejoiced from soles to soul,
complete in the reality that my soul and your soul was our soul…

No comments:

Post a Comment